Total Pageviews

Friday 24 June 2016

Purple Majesty

Went to bed early. Lin stayed up. Saw her note on the kitchen table. Spent an hour on the allotment yesterday afternoon and pulled some Purple Majesty - not bad potatoes, these first earlies from my plot; just boiled they look like BBQ charcoal, losing their vivid colour. My neighbour Jasvinder gave me the seed potatoes to try in March. We liked them with monkfish last night. I was especially pleased that they've not been attacked by the wireworm that blighted last year's potato crop from beds 2 and 3.
I better let the cat in. Have a read of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. Cup of tea. Have a shower.



Plot 14
"Good thing I bought those Euro's last night" muttered Lin as she came to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back numbers

Simon Baddeley