Total Pageviews

Monday 6 June 2011

At last, thanks to Sophie Begum

CHPCP account at Barclays activated!
I got a phone call as I was negotiating the Birmingham inner ring before cycling down Brunel Street to New Street station. It was Sophie - Sophie Begum from the Mandate Team at Barclays HQ on Hagley Road
"Hullo Mr Baddeley. I tried you at home but your wife said you'd already left. I've fast tracked your application and the account is now active."
"Thanks Sophie. I wish we'd found you in the first place"
"Will you put that in writing?"
"Sure"
I phoned Edmund, Mike, Charles and Lin. Although I'm in the south until tomorrow afternoon we should be able to get essential cheques signed as soon as I'm back, possibly sooner if Edmund can get Mike after work. Phew!
Now I'm off to meet Marion Bréhaut in Eastleigh then Dave Knowles in Hythe, the founder of Lacewing which produced my stepfather's TV series for Channel 4 - Old Country.
*** ***
Dr Savannis and our neighbour Mr Leftheris were in the church of St Athanassios at the bottom of the village where a conservator has given a daunting estimate for restoring 100 square metres of  paintings on the ceiling...Ο συντηρητής εξήγησε τις τεχνικές που είναι απαραίτητες για την αποκατάσταση και παρέδωσε στο Συμβούλιο το εκτιμώμενο κόστος που, σύμφωνα με τους υπολογισμούς μας, ανέρχεται σε μερικές δεκάδες χιλιάδες ευρώ…Το Συμβούλιο πλέον θα καθορίσει με βάση τα δεδομένα αυτά, τι επόμενες κινήσεις του…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back numbers

Simon Baddeley