Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 December 2009

At Brin Croft

I glimpsed powdered hills through cloud as we descended towards Dalcross. Guy and Amy collected Lin and me from Inverness airport after a 1¼ hour flight covering the 450 miles from Birmingham driving us the seven miles, via Croy and Culloden, to Strathnairn, Inverarnie and up the rough track to Brin Croft overlooking the Farnack, a low sun dazzling off a smattering of snow. Bright watery light. The joy of being in the Highlands with my family. Richard's here too. We sat around the table enjoying soup, salad, quiche , pork pie, cheeses and wine.
My mother's house is full with us, her terriers, Bibi and Lulu, Amy and Guy's puppy, Cookie, and their three cats, Pepper, Gizmo and Casper, ensconced in the log cabin. It's Amy's birthday. We'll have supper at Dores on Loch Ness, leaving Sharon and the animals in charge. This afternoon I showed my mother photos from Australia as the others went off to walk the dogs on the Garbole Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back numbers

Simon Baddeley