Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Small mammals

Dh arrived Sunday morning, driven from Heathrow by H, who came to my house where I was working at the kitchen table in my night gown. I dragged on trousers then said 'to hell with it' and strolled down the drive in bare feet and we embraced and laughed. 'Welcome welcome, my friend. Now come into our houses - Zarina's especially. Salaam Aleikum.' We drove to Z's then later to look round the campus and then round the Barber Institute and gazed at the art nosing the canvases, drawings, sculptures, bronzes, looking and talking about Bellini, Botticelli, Holbein, Veronese, Stom, Baschenis, Rubens, Van Dyck, Rembrandt, Poussin, Gainsborough, Turner, Delacroix, Ingres, Rossetti, Whistler, Manet, Degas, Monet, Millet, Van Gogh, Rodin, Gauguin, Picasso, Matisse, Magritte, Rodin, Schiele, Cezanne. Later we were joined by Rajinder and we talked and laughed more and then Z arrived made late by the fog. Dh gave me a gift for Lin which she opened later - a silver bracelet, delicately made, and small bottles of Arab perfume in a finely made wooden box with brass inlay.

* * *
We're up to well over a thousand pictures on international flytipping
* * *
E-mail from Rebecca Morris on 31 October:
I love google imaging people (it's a wholly vain attempt to try and detect how famous I am, really, but I excuse myself my googling others first...and THEN me!) and I came across this when googling you. I hope this comes out. I'm not sure whether it was you who took this but take a look at the vehicle captured (by chance, I'm sure) in the bottom right-hand corner of the photo. I'm not sure I believe in fate, but for it to be the second photo out of ALL the google images returned, this really surprised me. Gobsmacked me, in fact...
Have a lovely time in Somerset and see you next week. B
from Morris, R (2005) 'Unseen Others: Blood from Donation to Transfusion'. Unpublished MSc Thesis. School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Birmingham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back numbers

Simon Baddeley